Rick Husband Amarillo International Airport is one of the nation's best.
The $52.2 million renovation at the Rick Husband Amarillo International Airport, including a brand new
passenger concourse, opened for its first full day of operation on July 12, 2011.
The project includes:
- A 46,000 square foot passenger concourse with seven boarding gates. Six of the gates will be equipped with glass-walled boarding bridges.
- A new secure baggage handling system will remove all baggage screening activities from in front of the ticket counters.
- A new and larger security checkpoint.
- Remodeled airline ticket counters and lobby.
- Remodeled baggage area.
- Updated graphics, signs and advertising throughout the entire complex.
"The new terminal and all the support facilities make Amarillo's airport one of the best of its size in the nation.
It will make a great impression on the more than 800,000 passengers who use the airport each year," Patrick Rhodes, City of Amarillo Aviation Director, says.
Four commercial airlines serve the airport- American Eagle, Continental Express, Southwest and United Express.
The airport is only seven miles from downtown Amarillo.
Additional flight information:
- More than 300 takeoffs and landing per day/ 115,000 per year
- The main runway is 13,502 feet long and 300 feet wide, one of the largest civilian runways in the country.
- Amarillo International Airport is an International Port of Entry with a customs office on site
- Excellent flying weather with an average of 336 VFR days a year
Top of page ↑
Local Contact Points
- Administration- 806-335-1671
- Parking- 806-335-1921
- Security- 806-335-7041
- American- 800-433-7300
- Continental- 800-523-3273
- Southwest- 800-435-9792
- United - 800-864-8331
- Hertz- 806-335-2331
- Avis- 806-335-2313
- Budget- 806-335-2812
- National- 806-335-2311
- Enterprise- 806-372-5549
- Advantage- 806-335-1500
Top of page ↑